Earlier, Yoga guru Baba Ramdev was reported praising Rahul Gandhi who is currently on nationwide ‘Bharat Jodo Yatra’.
Many in the ruling party took it by surprise when Ramdev heaped praises on Rahul for his fitness.
However, it is not the first time when Yoga guru is praising Mr Gandhi. Before listing the benefit of Yoga on Rahul Gandhi, Ramdev also counted Mr Rahul’s efforts in winning the election in three states — Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh.
With such love language for Congress and its leader, many are speculating that Baba Ramdev is switching the side from hard-core Hindu outfit BJP to the Congress which is still practicing its secular values.
Why it is hard for us to understand why the Yoga guru is switching sides, however here are some factors that can be the reason for developing a soft corner for the grand old party.
1. Maybe, Baba Ramdev has sensed that Modi’s era is on the decline and he needs to find a new yacht in order to save himself from any political vendetta if Congress, ever, comes to power.
2. Baba Ramdev also knows that the Modi government will not be able to put him in danger and unleash the ED or CBI behind him given his repo as a Hindutva seer.
3. He does not want ED or CBI to come after him if Congress comes to the power, as happened in 2012 when Baba’s aide Balakrishna was accused of money laundering and was booked by the ED.
4. Given his anti-Congress image, he might be just trying to clear the air by heaping praise on the former Congress president Mr Rahul Gandhi and his mother.
5. In states ruled by Congress, Baba frequently gets booked for over many things. Recently, for example, Baba was booked in Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan for allegedly spreading false information about the Covid 19.