AMU students on Friday, protested at varsity’s Bab-E- Syed gate against the murder of an Alia University student Anis Khan.
By MD Ali
The students of Aligarh Muslim University, On Friday, protested at varsity’s Bab-E- Syed gate against the murder of an Alia University student Anis Khan.
Anish khan was the student of Kolkata’s Alia University and member of newly formed Indian Secular Front (ISF), which was part of the alliance that fought against the Trinamool Congress and the BJP in the recent Assembly elections.
Khan, on Saturday, was at his home in Howrah’s Amta area when four men allegedly barged into his home thrown him off the terrace of his house.
In a police complaint Salam Khan, Anis’s father alleged that one of the attackers was in police uniform who barged into his house asking Anis’s whereabouts. When I said he isn’t home, they rushed to roof. I heard a sound, when I reached to the spot, I found Anis was laying in pool of blood, said Salam Khan who demanded a CBI probe into the murder of his son.
However, Kolkata police have denied all the allegations and said that no one of them had ever visited to victim’s house.
The Aligarh Muslim University Bengali Students Welfare Trust handed over a memorandum addressing the West Bengal governor to varsity’s administration demanding ‘justice for Anis Khan’.
The memorandum read, “we are writing to call on the Governor of West Bengal to implement its mandate of ensuring the Rule of Law is upheld in a key moment for the guarantee of fundamental freedoms and Rule of Law in West Bengal. We think you are aware of the situation what is happening in West Bengal off late. Anis Khan, a student of Aliah University, has been murdered by the police force like a gang attacked on an innocent man\woman. We implore you to look into the matter at the earliest. We, the students of AMU (Aligarh Muslim University) put forth the following demands before you”:
- Justice for Anish Khan (Judicial Inquiry)
- Action against the aggressive, unnecessary and excessive police force (WB Police) against peaceful protesters and students
- Compensation to the Family of Anish Khan (a govt. job and Rs 1 crore)
- Security to the family of Anish Khan
- Action against violent late-night raids on peaceful Protesters
- Failures to ensure accountability for those allegedly responsible for the incident.
- Suppression of strong voice of opposition and selective discrimination against minority.