By Yashika Goel
Here are some key highlights of India’s daily Covid-19 cases
- 54.58 Cr. Vaccination doses are administered thus far below the Nationwide Vaccination Drive
- Active cases represent of 1.18 percent of total cases ; lowest since March 2020
- India’s Active caseload currently 3,81,947; lowest in one hundred forty-five days.
- Recovery Rate currently at 97.48 percent; Highest since March 2020
- Total recoveries across the country so far are 3,14,11,924
- 35,909 patients recovered throughout the last twenty four hours
- India reports 32,937 new cases within the last twenty four hours
- Weekly Positivity Rate remains below 5 percent, currently at 2.01 percent.
- Daily positivity rate at 2.79 percent; but 3 percent for last 21 days
- Testing capability well substantially ramped up – 49.48 Cr tests total conducted.
COVID-19 Vaccination Update
- More than 56.81 Cr vaccine doses provided to States &UTs
- More than 2.89 Cr balance and unutilized doses still available with States & UTs and private hospitals to be administered
- The Union Government is committed to accelerating to fast the pace and increasing the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- Under the nationwide vaccination drive, the Govt. of India has been supporting the States & UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free from cost. In the new phase of the universalization of the COVID19 vaccination drive, the Union Govt. will procure and supply (free of cost) seventy five percent of the total vaccines being made.
VACCINE DOSES (As on 16 August 2021)
More than 56.81 Cr vaccine doses are provided to States & UTs so far.
The total consumption including wastages is 54,22,75,723 doses
2,89,47,890 balance and unutilized COVID Vaccine doses are still available with the States & UTs and private hospitals to be administered.
With Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Inputs