Stoic Quotes: In the world of mental health, there are certain constants that cannot be shaken. One such philosophy is stoicism.
A cultural revival, however, has given new life to these time-honored practises. Actor Russell Brand and best-selling novelist Matt Haig, both advocates for mental health awareness and acceptance, have spoken out about it.
Numerous additional well-known figures in modern history are considered to have been influenced by Stoicism. Author J.K. Rowling, actor Tom Hiddleston, and rapper LL Cool J are among them.
In the early third century BC, ancient Greeks established a school of thought known as Stoicism. Zeno, a famous philosopher who was born in Cyprus in 334 BC, is credited with establishing it.
read more | How To Remember Everything Scientifically
Following are the top ten stoic quotes:
1. Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be One.
2. You could leave life right now. Let that determine what you do and say and think.
3. He who fears death will never do anything worth of a man who is alive.
4. Life is very short and anxious for those who forget the past, neglect the present, and fear the future.
5. How long are you going to wait before you demand the best for yourself?
6. Don’t explain your philosophy. Embody it.
7. You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.
8. Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms — you’ll be able to use them better when you’re older.
9. Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.
10. If it is not right, do not do it; if it is not true, do not say it.